Thank you for your interest in Developing Telecoms. We appreciate your desire to publish content on behalf of your clients on our Portal. However, before adding us to your database and sending your press releases we ask you to note the following in order to avoid wasting yours and our time:
- News announcements and pitches should be sent by email only. Your announcement should be included in the body of the email, not sent as an attachment. In particular please do not send us press releases as PDFs.
- Given the huge volume of announcements and pitches we get, we simply do not have time to respond to them all. If you have emailed it to the correct address we have got it. Please do not waste our time and yours by phoning to ask if we have received and are going to use your press release. A phone call will not influence whether it will be used. If you haven't heard from us, sorry but the answer is no.
- Similarly we don't usually have time to let you know when announcements are used. You'll have to keep checking our portal and social media feeds. There are automated tools you can use to do this too.
- A great image will increase the chances of your announcement being used. But please make sure you have the image copyright owner's permission to use it first. Send images by email as a separate attachment or provide links for us to download them. JPG or PNG format. Please do not embed any images in Word documents. Our default image size is width 600 pixels X height 450 pixels @ 72 dpi. Images with the incorrect aspect ratio or smaller than this size cannot be used.
- Developing Telecoms covers Emerging Markets, as in geographic areas such as Africa, Asia, Central & Eastern Europe, Latin America and the Middle East. Please do not send us news about developments in Western Europe, the USA and other developed countries. They will not be used.
- Developing Telecoms is a News Portal which means we report on news. Vendor sourced OpEds, briefings, white papers, case studies, thought leadership articles, executive interviews, Q&As, blog postings etc. are all extremely interesting for our readers, but they are not news. In whatever form you present them they are attempts to influence our audience and are therefore content marketing. Content marketing is the preferred form of marketing for many of our readers and you will find a lot of this type of content on the portal, all of which is paid for. Please contact the sales team for prices. It costs a lot to operate a high quality news portal with the audience reach and influence we have and, like you, our staff like to be paid for their labours.
Thank you for taking note of these guidelines. Those who do may find that in the event of a close call things go their way. Those who consistently ignore the above guidance will definitely find they do not!